Top 10 Mets Prospects For 2020
Baseball America released its Top 10 Mets prospects list for 2020 this week.
This is how the list turned out:
1. SS Ronny Mauricio – Scouts believe he will be able to stick at shortstop, but if he had to go to third base that would be no issue with his soft hands and strong arm. Mauricio has All Star upside and the potential to be one of the better prospects in all of baseball.
2. C Francisco Alvarez – Scouts were shocked at how ready he was both offensively and defensively for pro ball. Alvarez has All Star potential.
3. 3B Brett Baty – He has the potential to be an everyday third baseman who could hit in the middle of the order.
4. RHP Matthew Allan – He has the build, the delivery and the stuff to be a front of the rotation big-league starter.
5. INF Andres Gimenez – He is an everyday type of player at either shortstop or second base who is a high contact hitter with some speed.
6. 3B Mark Vientos – He is a modern-day power-over-contact hitter with legit 30 home run upside.
7. LHP Thomas Szapucki – He will have to be added to the Mets’ 40-man roster in order to protect him in the 2020 Rule 5 Draft, and as such could conceivably throw major league innings at some point.
8. RHP Josh Wolf – The Mets drafted Wolf in the 2nd round of the 2019 MLB Draft.
9. LHP Kevin Smith – Could be either a No. 4 or No. 5 type starter or a good bullpen piece.
10. LHP David Peterson – He is the best young starting pitcher that could potentially pitch for the Mets in 2020.
Latest posts by Nicholas Durst (see all)
- You Know I’m Right, Episode 3: The 35 Best Quarterbacks In The NFL (Audio) - March 26, 2020
- You Know I’m Right, Episode 2: The Show Must Go On (Audio) - March 20, 2020
- You Know I’m Right, Episode 1: The Adnan Virk Experience (Audio) - March 17, 2020
- Women in Sports Interview Series: New York Guardians Head Of Communications, Gina Antoniello - March 9, 2020