Shields v. Hammer to include a stacked undercard
Title fights, heavy action highlight a stacked Atlantic City card.
When Claressa Shields and Christina Hammer duke it out on April 13th, they won’t be the only ones fighting for championship glory. It was announced that the undercard of the Showtime card will feature Elena Gradinar v. Brenda Karen Carabajal for the vacant IBF Featherweight World Championship.
Gradinar (9-0) is fighting for a title for the first time, whole Carabajal (15-4-1) will be fighting in her third major title fight.
“Women’s boxing is experiencing monumental growth throughout the world and as part of this historic night, we wanted to showcase top talent in significant fights,” stated Salita Promotions President Dmitriy Salita. “I am delighted to feature two top contenders fighting for the vacant IBF Featherweight World Title as highly-regarded and unbeaten Russian fighter Elena Gradinar and longtime Argentinian contender Karen Carbajal will battle to become champion. Top to bottom, April 13 will be a memorable night for boxing fans around the world.”
While the women will be the highlight of the event, they aren’t the only ones competing on the card.
– Samuel Peter (37-6), the former heavyweight contender, faces rising Mexican star Mario Heredia (15-6-1).
– Jessie Angel Hernandez (12-2) will be in super bantamweight action against New Jersey’s Edgar Joe Cortes (6-4-1).
– Ja’Rico O’Quinn (11-) will look to continue he is a force in the super flyweight division by facing Vicente Alfaro Martinez (9-4) in an eight-round fight.
– Jermaine Franklin v. Rydell Booker
– Otto Wallin v. Nick Kisner
Claressa Shields and Christina Hammer will be fighting inside Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ for the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO and vacant The Ring Middleweight Titles. Tickets are priced from $35 to $150 and can be purchased at Ticketmaster.com and boardwalkhall.com.
Latest posts by Daniel Yanofsky (see all)