Rutgers Football Pre-Training Camp Depth Chart And Injury Report
With the first practice of training camp complete, the team released their first look at the current depth chart and injury report for the summer. There are a bunch of “OR’s” for starting jobs and backups, but as camp moves on, expect more clarity among all positions.
Without further ado, here is the two-deep:
Rutgers Depth Chart- 8/10/15
QB: Chris Laviano or Hayden Rettig
RB: Paul James or Josh Hicks or Robert Martin or Justin Goodwin
FB: Sam Bergen or Razohnn Gross
TE: Nick Arcidiacono/Matt Flanagan or Charles Scarff
WR: Leonte Carroo/Carlton Agudosi
WR: Andre Patton/Janarion Grant or John Tsimis
LT: Keith Lumpkin/Zack Heeman
LG: Dorian Miller or Tariq Cole
C: Derrick Nelson or Chris Muller
RG: Chris Muller/Marcus Applefield or Ryan Brodie
RT: J.J. Denman/Jacquis Webb
DE: Kemoko Turay/Myles Nash or Darnell Davis Jr.
NT: Sebastian Joseph or Quanzell Lambert/Kevin Wilkins
DT: Darius Hamilton/Julian Pinnix-Odrick or Eric Wiafe
DE: Djwany Mera/Jimmy Hogan or Jon Bateky
WLB: Steve Longa/Brandon Russell
MLB: Isaiah Johnson or Kaiwan Lewis
SLB: Quentin Gause/Eric Margolis
CB: Isaiah Wharton or Nadir Barnwell or Ruhann Peele
FS: Delon Stephenson or Anthony Cioffi/Saquan Hampton
SS: Davon Jacobs or Kiy Hester
CB: Blessuan Austin or Dre Boggs
K: Kyle Federico/Chris Gough
P: Joey Roth or Tim Gleeson/Michael Cintron
LS: Alan Lucy/Alex Hutchings
H: Joey Roth/Brian Verbitski
– As expected, redshirt sophomores Chris Laviano and Hayden Rettig are listed as co-starters at quarterback.
– Different than the pre-spring depth chart, the fullback position and offensive line has some changes. Sixth-year senior Sam Bergen is battling redshirt sophomore Rahzonn Gross, who impressed during the spring, at the fullback spot. Both are looking to replace stalwart Michael Burton, who is now with the Detroit Lions.
The offensive line will be more clear as we know if redshirt junior Derrick Nelson will start at center or not. If he doesn’t, look for redshirt junior Chris Muller, who has 25 straight starts at right guard, to slide to center and open doors at both guard spots. Redshirt freshman Tariq Cole and redshirt sophomore Dorian Miller look to compete at left guard, and redshirt junior Ryan Brodie, and redshirt freshman Marcus Applefield at right guard. Applefield was listed as the backup right tackle pre-spring. Redshirt freshman Jacquis Webb moved over from left to right tackle.
– As expected, Nick Arcidiacono is No. 1 at the tight end position, looking to take over for Tyler Kroft, who is now in the NFL with the Bengals.
– On the defensive side of the ball, redshirt junior Quanzell Lambert moves inside as he is listed as a co-starter at nose tackle with redshirt sophomore Sebastian Joseph. Budding redshirt sophomore Kemoko Turay is the starter at defensive end along with redshirt senior Djwany Mera. Lambert will play all over the defensive line per head coach Kyle Flood.
– Redshirt freshman linebacker Brandon Russell, who played middle in the spring, is listed as the backup weakside linebacker behind redshirt junior Steve Longa.
– With uncertainty revolving the status of junior cornerback Nadir Barnwell, redshirt freshman Isaiah Wharton and true freshman Blessuan Austin are listed as co-starters with Barnwell, sophomore Dre Boggs, and converted corner redshirt junior Ruhaan Peele.
– The two safety spots are up for grabs as juniors Delon Stephenson and Anthony Cioffi battle for the free safety gig, while it is believable that both will see extended playing time. Redshirt junior Davon Jacbos, who has a leg up in experience, is listed as the co-starter at the strong safety spot with redshirt freshman Kiy Hester.
Player Injury: Status
FB Razohnn Gross Lower Body Limited
DT Darius Hamilton Lower Body Limited
CB Ronnie James Lower Body Limited
RB Robert Martin Lower Body Limited
CB Isaiah Wharton Lower Body Limited
RB Desmon Peoples Upper Body Out
LB Nick Rafferty Upper Body Out
RB Charles Snorweah Upper Body Out
LB TJ Taylor Lower Body Out
Latest posts by Staff Post (see all)
- Double G Sports NFL Week 2 Picks - September 12, 2019
- The Knicks Need To Select At No. 3 In 2019 NBA Draft - June 11, 2019
- Treatment Options for Low Back Pain in Athletes - June 5, 2019
- 7 Reasons to Start Playing Darts - May 23, 2019