PFL 14 (Season 2): Magalhaes v. Sordi Live Results
Several fighters make their debut for the chance at $1 million.
The big boys will (literally) take the stage as the Professional Fighters League returns to the Nassau Coliseum today, June 6, inside the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island.
PFL 14 (the third event of the league’s second season) will feature heavyweight and light heavyweight action in the final matches of the first round. Several names will be making their debut while a familiar face returns for revenge. Vinny Magalhaes (18-10, 1 NC) lost to Sean O’Connell in the PFL Finals last year to determine the Light Heavyweight Champion. Missing out on $1 million as well, Magalhaes is looking for a true fresh start as he faces off against Emiliano Sordi.
Prelims start at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN 2 while the main card begins at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN+. Check out the full results below:
Main Card (ESPN+, 9 p.m. ET)
* Light Heavyweight: Emiliano Sordi (18-8) def. Vinny Magalhaes (18-11, 1 NC) via TKO (2:45 into round two) – 5 points
Round one: Both are striking out of the gate. Vinny with leg kicks but Sodri knocks him down with a right hand. Vinny goes for the takedown but Sordi is smashing the head of Vinny. Vinny takes him up and slams him on his back. Sordi gets right back up, showing his speed and resiliency. Sordi continues to throw heavy shots at Vinny, tripping him up. Vinny tries to take him down again but Sordi rolls through. Sordi goes for the uppercut but misses, however, he starts to punish Vinny with shots. Another right to the face of Vinny. Vinny misses a spinning kick. Combination shots helping haymakers helping Sordi’s cause before the bell rings.
Round two: Vinny looking to charge but Sordi dismisses him. Vinny gets backed into the cage but hits a leg kick. Big right by Sordi. He knocks Vinny down but allows him to come back up. Sordi knicks Vinny down again and mashes at his face, but allows Vinny to get up once again. A kick and punch combo brings Vinny to the floor. Uppercut and body shots by Sordi. The referee has no choice but to call the fight.
* Heavyweight: Kelvin Tiller (11-2) def. Muhammed Dereese (7-1) via submission (Kimura) (3:22 into round one) – 6 points
— #PFLmma (@ProFightLeague) June 7, 2019
* Heavyweight: Satoshi Ishii (22-8) def. Zeke Tuinei-Wily (3-2) via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) – 3 points
* Heavyweight: Denis Goltsov def. Jared Rosholt via KO (2:03 into round one) – 6 points
* Heavyweight: Ali Isaev (5-0) def. Valdrin Istrefi (13-3) via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) – 3 points
* Light Heavyweight: Viktor Nemkov (27-7) def. Rakim Cleveland (19-12, 1NC) via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) – 3 points
* Light Heavyweight: Ronny Markes (19-7) def. Siki Pesaleli (3-1) via TKO (3:44 into round two) – 0 points for missing weight
* Light Heavyweight: Rashid Yusupov (11-1) def. Mikhail Mokhnatkin (11-4) via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27) – 3 points
Prelims (ESPN 2, 7 p.m. ET)
* Heavyweight: Francimar Barroso (23-7, 1 NC) def. Alex Nicholson (13-8) via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) -3 points
* Light Heavyweight: Maxim Grishin (29-7-1) def. Jordan Johnson (10-1) via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) – 3 points
* Heavyweight: Ante Delija (16-3) def. Carl Seumanutafa (12-10) via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27) – 3 points
* Light Heavyweight: Bozigit Ataev (20-3) def. Dan Spohn (18-7) via KO def. (3:25 into round one) – 6 points
Latest posts by Daniel Yanofsky (see all)