ONE: A New Era on March 31st has an absolutely stacked card
Tournament and title bouts highlight a potentially game-changing night for ONE.
Looking to prove they are serious about becoming a major player in MMA, ONE Championship has updated their ONE: A New Era card to feature plenty of enticing bouts. Championship and tournament fights are the theme of the night with several rematches taking place.
Four titles are on the line, as the Lightweight, Strawweight, Middleweight and Bantamweight Championships will get a spotlight. Three of the four are rematches while atomweight Angela Lee moves up to face Xiong Jing Nan for the Strawweight Championship.
Six bouts will be tournament-based, as the quarterfinals of the Flyweight and Lightweight Grand Prix start with a bang. Newly signed Eddie Alvarez and Demetrious Johnson will look to start things off. Alvarez (29-6, 1 NC) will face off against Timofey Nastyukhin while Johnson (27-3-1) faces Yuya Wakamatsu.
Below is the full card:
– Eduard Folayang (c) v. Shinya Aoki – Lightweight Championship
– Aung La N Sang (c) v. Ken Hasegawa – Middleweight Championship
– Kevin Belingon (c) v. Bibiano Fernandes – Bantamweight Championship
– Xiong Jing Nan (c) v. Angela Lee – Strawweight Championship
– Eddie Alvarez v. Tomofey Nastyukhin – Lightweight Grand Prix
– Demetrious Johnson v. Yuya Wakamatsu – Flyweight Grand Prix
– Ivanildo Delfino v. Tatsumitsu Wada – Flyweight Grand Prix
– Kairat Akhmetov v. Reece McLaren – Flyweight Grand Prix
– Danny Kingad v. Andrew Leone – Flyweight Grand Prix
– Yodsanklai Fairtex v. Andy Souwer
ONE: A New Era will be held inside Ryogoku Kokugikan on March 31st and will be streamed on the ONE app.
Latest posts by Daniel Yanofsky (see all)
- It’s Showtime! Deontay Wilder chooses to stay with PBC, will face Dominic Breazeale inside the Barclays Center on May 18th - March 19, 2019
- LIVE STREAM: Where in the world is Deontay Wilder going? - March 19, 2019
- Michael Conlan dazzles in MSG showdown v. Ruben Garcia Hernandez on St. Patrick’s Day - March 18, 2019