NJ High School Football Opening Round Predictions: Central Jersey
First round predictions of all Central Jersey matchups.
The NJSIAA State Football Playoffs begin Friday and there are tons of story lines, big time players, and intriguing matchups. First round games typically see the top seeds advance, but there are some games that we expect to be very close, and we may see some upsets.
Each group in the Non-Public field has at least three teams that we could see taking home the title when it’s all said and done. And the Public brackets are just as loaded in many cases.
Here are some last minute Central Jersey first round predictions. Do you agree? Where are we going to be wrong? Comment and let us know.
(1) Manalapan over (8) Perth Amboy
(5) North Brunswick over (4) Freehold Township
(3) Old Bridge over (6) Trenton
(2) South Brunswick over (7) Hillsborough
(8) Freehold Borough over (1) Nottingham
(4) Allentown over (5) Brick Township
(3) Long Branch over (6) Middletown South
(2) Brick Memorial over (7) Jackson Memorial
(1) Rumson Fair-Haven over (8) Lawrence
(5) Wall over (4) Steinert
(3) Monmouth over (6) Carteret
(2) Somerville over (7) Ewing
(1) Point Pleasant Boro over (8) Raritan
(5) Manasquan over (4) Roselle
(3) Johnson over (6) Holmdel
(2) South River over (7) Hillside
(1) Burlington City over (8) Asbury Park
(4) Middlesex over (5) Shore
(6) Florence over (3) Bound Brook
(2) Manville over (7) Point Pleasant Beach
Latest posts by Gregg Snyder (see all)
- Drive-In experience planned for Yankee Stadium - May 21, 2020
- Artists re-imagine iconic cards in Topp’s “Project 2020” - May 13, 2020
- Frontline Workers Honored as Sports Leagues Unite - May 5, 2020
- Saquon Barkley to join other New Jersey celebrities in COVID-19 fundraising event - April 22, 2020