Keith Thurman makes weight after 22-month hiatus
Two fighters are ready to go to war on Saturday, as both Thurman and Lopez make weight.
As with all combat sporting events, there is a sense of doubt when the weigh-ins approach. While boxing isn’t as chaotic as MMA, anything can happen. For Keith Thurman, this was the most important part of his return.
After over two years away healing from injuries, Thurman (28-0, 1 NC) successfully made weight (146.5) for his fight against Josesito Lopez (36-7), who weighed in at 146.5 himself.
Thurman defeated Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia in back-to-back contests before taking time off to heal. Lopez has faced the likes of Canelo Alvarez, Andre Berto and Jessie Vargas, losing to all three. He is currently on a three-fight win streak.
Here are the results of the other fighters who are on the PBC on FOX broadcast:
– Adam Kownacki (18-0) (258.5 lbs) v. Gerald Washington (19-2-1) (243.2 lbs)
– Claudio Marrero (23-2) (125.5 lbs) v. Tugstsogt Nyambayar (10-0) (125.5 lbs)
– Chris Colbert (9-0) (131 lbs) v. Joshua Hernandez (8-1) (130.6 lbs)
– Antuanne Russell (7-0) (137.2 lbs) v. Roberto Almazan (7-8) (140 lbs)
– Chordale Booker (13-0) (157.2 lbs) v. Juan De Angel (21-0) (155-8 lbs)
Latest posts by Daniel Yanofsky (see all)
- Marcus Stroman to honor Jose Reyes by wearing a different number next season - October 14, 2019
- ALCS: Will Giancarlo Stanton Be Ready For Game 3? - October 14, 2019
- UFC Tampa: Huntington’s Matt Frevola wins a war against Luis Pena via split decision - October 13, 2019
- Great News: Errol Spence Jr. in stable condition, no broken bones suffered following crash - October 10, 2019