Bump N’ Run w/ KT: Giants Are Officially A Broken Team
What’s left for the Giants after loss moves their record to 0-5?
No words, absolutely no words. Let’s get started.
0-5 New York Giants. WHAT?!?!
So…not much to say. This past Sunday, I attended the Giants-Chargers matchup at MetLife Stadium. I watched an uninspired team, whose offense completely imploded after losing their top three wide receivers and their kick returner and fourth wide receiver. Ben McAdoo looked like a broken man as the mutiny started with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie walking off the field during the game.
The Giants have officially quit on this coach. At 0-5, the players know that the season is over and McAdoo’s glib, sarcastic answers to the press are doing him no favors. I have almost stopped caring about this team but I cannot because I have a column to write every week. Also, my fandom of the Giants prevents me from becoming a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. And guess what? Big Blue has the Denver Broncos on Sunday night and the Seattle Seahawks next week.
The Jets Win Again To Move To 3-2
I know it was the Cleveland Browns but the Jets continued their surprising start with a 17-14 win on Sunday. Josh McCown continued his excellent start at quarterback as he threw two touchdowns in the victory. The bad news: Bilal Powell was injured and is questionable for this week’s game against the Patriots. Matt Forte is scheduled to return this week, but the ball will primarily be in rookie Elijah McGuire’s hands.
Let’s keep it real. The Jets have beaten a Dolphins team that is out of sync, a Jaguars team with no quarterback and a Browns team with a rookie quarterback. They are not world beaters by any stretch by they are defeating teams they should, something the Giants are not doing. An 0-16 season will not happen. 6-10 or 7-9 will be a success for a team that no one expected much from.
Moving The Chains
- Rodgers-Cromartie is angry because he is playing the nickel. Eli Apple is mad because he is god awful and got benched. Wow, McAdoo is getting fired soon.
- Onto good teams, Penn State is 6-0 after their win over Northwestern last Saturday. The Nittany Lions, who are ranked third, have a bye this weekend and it is well-deserved.
- Anyone else wants the Giants to tank and try to draft Saquon Barkley from Penn State?
- Ezekiel Elliott six-game suspension was reinstated this week. Just take the suspension.
- Rodgers-Cromartie was suspended indefinitely this week. No fair, he gets to not watch this team in person anymore.
- Rutgers is 1-4. Just saying but they are totally a Big Ten school (insert sarcasm here).
- Finally, a major shout out to Columbia football. The Lions moved to 4-0 after a 41-17 win over Marist for the first time since 1996. Quarterback Anders Hill threw for 350 yards and three touchdowns as Columbia goes into their homecoming matchup with Penn on Saturday.