Details regarding Impact Wrestling’s “United We Stand” event
An intergender bout and the return of the Monster’s Ball match will take place on April 4th.
With WrestleMania approaching, it was known that Impact Wrestling would be joining in on the fun with their United We Stand event. What we didn’t know, however, were the matches that were taking place at the event on April 4th. The company made a few announcements regarding the card, with some major game-changers.
A key theme of the event will be other companies are involved. Besides matches, a huge announcement was that the event will air exclusively on FITE.tv as a PPV. It was originally speculated that it would air on Twitch.
One of the first matches announced was Rob Van Dam and Sabu v. Fenix and Pentagon Jr., as well as an Impact v. AEW matchup between Sami Callihan and Jimmy Havoc in a Monster’s Ball match.
“We are delighted to welcome two legends in Rob Van Dam and Sabu back to an IMPACT Wrestling ring,” stated Impact President Ed Norholm. “Add this to the list of other matches we have announced and United We Stand is becoming a dream night of action for wrestling fans all over the world made available through our partners
Other promotions involved include Major League Wrestling, AAA and Lucha Underground.
– Rich Swann will defend his X-Division Title in an Ultimate X match against Jake Crist, Jack Evans (AAA) and Kotto Brazil (MLW). Other participants will be announced soon.
– Impact World Champion Johnny Impact will lead Brian Cage, Eddie Edwards and Moose against LU’s King Cuerno, Aerostar, Drago and Daga.
– Finally, Impact will be going outside the status quo by working an intergender match onto the card. Former champions Tessa Blanchard and Eli Drake will do battle for bragging rights. Two of the top talents out there today will look to wow the crowd.
The latter match is coming from a time when women’s wrestling is as popular than ever, as well as intergender wrestling in the independent scene. Tessa has caused some controversy (while also receiving praise) due to her previous bout against Brian Cage.
United We Stand takes place inside the Rahway Recreation Center in Rahway, NJ. Tickets for the event are $40 and are currently still available for purchase.
Latest posts by Daniel Yanofsky (see all)
- What Just Happened? After a one-sided affair, Terence Crawford beats Amir Khan following a low blow TKO - April 21, 2019
- Jarrell Miller denied license by NYAC following failed drug test - April 18, 2019
- Who is new XFL New York President Janet Duch? - April 16, 2019