Bump N’ Run w/ KT: Jets Lose, Giants Win, Cowboys Have Major Decision To Make And TCNJ Wins Marathon Game
Jets Lose Late, Fans Clamor For Petty
After the New York Jets went down to the Miami Dolphins 27-23, Gang Green fell to 3-6 on the season and for all intensive purposes, their season is over. Tough to say but it is a reality. With season being pretty much over, many in the media along with Jet fans now want to see Ryan Fitzpatrick benched and Bryce Petty inserted as the starting quarterback. Now is the time to see whether Petty can play in the NFL or whether the Jets will have to look elsewhere (free agency, NFL Draft) to solve their quarterback dilemma.
The game also featured the first half benching of Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson for missing a team meeting. The assumption around the league is that the Jets are now dysfunctional but that can’t be further from the truth. I said during the off-season that Richardson should have been traded due to his consistent bad decisions off the field. For Wilkerson, this is one mistake that he will learn from and move away from. Todd Bowles knows what he is doing and to assume that he isn’t controlling this team is a terrible assumption to make.
Giants Hold On Against The Eagles
Yes the Giants won on Sunday but doesn’t it seem like they always try to lose in the end? Another nail-biter but for the first time in five games, the Giants defeated the Eagles 28-23 in East Rutherford. Forgetting the two interceptions that he threw, Eli Manning tossed four touchdown passes and the running game showed some life…albeit a little but some life nonetheless.
The highlight of this game was the continued great play of safety Landon Collins. 12 tackles, a sack and an interception against Philadelphia and Collins has to be in the running for a possible mention as NFL Defensive Player of the Year. The better Collins play, the better the rest of the defense plays as pressure is ramped up and everyone (except Eli Apple) are on their game. The problem still lies in giving up big plays but unlike the last couple of years, the Giants are finishing games and winning. It’s not pretty but they are getting the job done.
Moving The Chains
- Dallas won again blowing out the Cleveland Browns. Jerry Jones must be pulling out whatever hair he has left while making the decision of who will start against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tony Romo or Dak Prescott…what a decision.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney announced that quarterback DeShaun Watson, running back Wayne Gallman and wide receivers Mike Williams and Artavis Scott will forgo their senior years and go to the NFL. I think the NBA should take heed of this as these young men are already three years into their studies so finishing their degree is possible. Just look at Ben Simmons and how he approached college for one year at LSU.
- Shout-out to The College of New Jersey who defeated Southern Virginia 28-25 in four overtimes. Brian Nagy hit the game-winning 25-yard field goal as TCNJ won their second game of the season. Tied 14-14 after regulation, both teams came alive trading scores and defensive stops until the Lions forced a missed Southern Virginia field goal in the fourth overtime, which led to the game-winning score. Trevor Osler threw for 253 yards and two touchdowns for TCNJ, who moved to 2-7 on the season. Next up is senior for TCNJ as they take on Rowan at home on Friday night.
Latest posts by Kahlil Thomas (see all)
- Season Recap: Saint Peter’s defies expectations in the MAAC - March 21, 2020
- Iona hires Rick Pitino as new men’s head basketball coach - March 15, 2020
- NCAA cancels men’s and women’s basketball tournaments due to coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- Atlantic 10 cancels conference basketball tournament in Brooklyn - March 12, 2020