Bump N’ Run w/ KT: Giants Win Big Game, Jets Come From Behind And Patriots Continue To Look Unbeatable
Giants Defense Come Up BIg Against Cowboys
The Giants’ offense is putrid right now, we all know this. However the story of the New York Giants season so far is the improved defense of a team that had one of the worst defenses in NFL history last season. In their 10-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys, the Big Blue defense forced three turnovers and kept Dak Prescott running for his life the entire game as New York’s defense shut down the Cowboys.
The offense continued to struggle as Eli Manning threw for under 200 yards once again. The running game showed a little life but it’s still not contributing enough to the offense as a whole. The time may have come for Paul Perkins to get the starting running back job going forward as there seems to be more life in his legs than Rashad Jennings. Odell Beckham scored on another long touchdown catch and run but the offense just seems out of sync. Against a Detroit Lions team that is playing well, the offense needs to pick up the pace and figure out what is impeding them and how to move pass it on Sunday.
By the way….CAN WE PLEASE CUT ERECK FLOWERS NOW?
Jets Win In Comeback Fashion Against 49ers
The Jets are eliminated from playoff contention but the team realized in the second half of Sunday’s game that they still have something to play for…pride. After being down 17-3, something clicked as the Jets scored the final 20 points in their 23-17 win against the San Francisco 49ers.
Bryce Petty had a decent game going 23-for-35 with 257 yards and one interception. Bilal Powell, who is playing for a spot on the team next season, replaced an injured Matt Forte and ran for 145 yards and two touchdowns.
The remaining three games for the Jets (vs. Dolphins, at Patriots, vs. Bills) will be a time to see what they have on the roster and who deserves to remain with the team next season. You still don’t know what you have in Petty, the offensive line is old and the defensive secondary is quickly becoming one of the worst in the league. It is becoming very apparent what the Jets need to focus on in the off-season so it is imperative that general manager Mike Maccagnan continue the evaluation process and see what Todd Bowles needs for next season.
Moving The Chains
- Can we stop with the love affair with the Cowboys? I know ESPN loves to report on them but the Giants exposed Prescott and how to beat them. They are not unbeatable.
- I have been watching the NCAA FCS playoffs and it’s a shame that the sports networks do not care about FCS teams until playoff time. There are some talented players in those smaller schools.
- I am starting to believe that the New England Patriots may just sweep through the AFC playoffs. They just look far and beyond better than every other team.
- Jeff Fisher was fired as the Los Angeles Rams coach this week. The firing came after Fisher received a two-year contract extension a few weeks ago. It was a bad move because the team is flawed on every side of the ball. The franchise was more worried about moving the team from St. Louis to L.A. and getting reality shows for their players than building a competitive team. While Fisher’s record shows that he was unsuccessful with the Rams, he was not helped.
Latest posts by Kahlil Thomas (see all)
- St. John’s introduces Mike Anderson as new basketball coach - April 19, 2019
- St. John’s continues search after Moser remains at Loyola-Chicago - April 16, 2019
- Chris Mullin resigns as head coach of St. John’s basketball - April 10, 2019