NEW YORK — After a phenomenal inaugural ACC Tournament in Brooklyn, here are the DoubleGSports.com staff’s (Kahlil Thomas and Joshua Sampson) tournament awards and, for the fun of it, our favorite quotes from the many hilarious press conferences.
G: Matt Farrell (Junior-Notre Dame: 14 PPG 5.66 APG)
G: Luke Kennard (Sophomore-Duke: 20 PPG 2.25 APG)
F: Jaron Blossomgame (RS-Senior-Clemson: 20.5 PPG 6 RPG)
F: Jayson Tatum (Freshman-Duke: 22 PPG 7.5 RPG)
F: Bonzie Colson (Junior-Notre Dame: 22.6 PPG 8.3 RPG)
Jayson Tatum (Freshman-Duke: 22 PPG 7.5 RPG)
Coach of the Tournament:
Mike Krzyzewski (Duke)
Moment of the Tournament:
Luke Kennard’s three-pointer with 4:52 left in the second-half against Louisville to give Duke the lead.
Quotes of the Tournament:
- Jim Boeheim: “And I’m saying all that because I don’t give a shit. I’m just saying what’s right.”
- Mike Krzyzewski: “I was hugging him (Grayson Allen), punching him. He didn’t punch back, which is a good decision on his part.”
- Roy Williams: “I’m dumb enough to think, if I die and I have more time-outs left than anybody, I’ll get something from it.”
- Roy Williams: “I don’t think about suicide. If I ever jump off the top of a building, have it investigated because somebody pushed my rear end.”
- Rick Pitino: “Well, I can’t be as eloquent as Jim.” (in reference to being asked about quote #1)
- Mike Krzyzewski: “Holy Mackeral.”
- Mike Brey: “Now, because we don’t have anybody on Chad Ford’s big board, is that why we’re overlooked? I think so.”
- Mike Krzyzewski: “You already spoke to Matt Jones?” *Yes* “That’s pretty good. You’re a quick son of a buck.” *I’m faster than I look* “You’re a hell of a lot faster than you look.”
- Mike Krzyzewski: “What are you doing? Yes, you did it. Like how the hell did you do that?”
- Leonard Hamilton: “I’m not going to be overly concerned about statistics. If that’s something that you’re overly concerned about, let’s wait until after the NCAA run, and let’s see where we are.” *Directed at me. Cheers, Leonard.