Alicia Napoleon returns to the ring on April 10th for Lou DiBella’s ‘Broadway Boxing’
This non-title fight could be the ultimate tuneup for Napoleon in a stacked women’s division.
The Big Apple will be hosting some local fighters as Lou DiBella’s Broadway Boxing returns on April 10th. Inside Sony Hall in Times Square, WBA Super Middleweight Champion Alicia Napoleon makes her way back inside the ring for a non-title match against an opponent unnamed at this time.
This will be Napoleon’s (10-1) first fight since August 4, 2018, when she faced off against Hannah Rankin in one of the best boxing fights not shown on TV. Before that, she won the world title by defeating Femke Hermans via unanimous decision last March. Making her pro debut in 2014, Napoleon was awarded the 2018 “New York State Fighter of the Year” by the Veteran Boxers Association.
A two-time New York Golden Gloves Champion, Napoleon will look to get loose in time for the potential title contenders that are knocking on her door. Claressa Shields is a name that has been brought up recently when it comes to Napoleon and her title.
Other fighters on the Broadway Boxing card include:
– Brooklyn’s Ivan “The Volk” Golub (15-1) will be in the main event against Karim Mayfield (21-5-1) for the former’s WBC USNBC Title. Golub had a 270-32 record as an amateur and is a five-time Ukrainian National Champion.
– Gold medalist Bakhodir Jalolov (5-0) will look to continue his winning ways in a six-round bout. His amateur record was 84-13 and holds medal wins in various tournament matches
– Brooklyn’s Hurshidbek Normatov (7-0) will be in a six-round fight. The southpaw won the European National Championship in 2014 and had a 190-40 amateur record prior to becoming a pro.
– Following a 74-15 amateur record, Brookyn’s Khalid Twaiti (4-0) will be fighting for super bantamweight glory. This will be his first bout in 2019.
– A five-time Golden Gloves Champion in his own right, Brooklyn’s Brian Ceballo (7-0) will be in welterweight action. Ceballo is on quite a roll since turning pro last March, with three knockout wins to his name.
Tickets for Dibella’s Broadway Boxing event are on sale now. Prices start at $55 and range from $100, $125 and $200. You can purchase tickets via Ticketmaster.com and by calling the DiBella Entertainment office at (212) 947-2577. First bell will ring inside Sony Hall at 7:15 p.m. ET, while doors will open at 7 p.m. ET.
Latest posts by Daniel Yanofsky (see all)
- What Just Happened? After a one-sided affair, Terence Crawford beats Amir Khan following a low blow TKO - April 21, 2019
- Jarrell Miller denied license by NYAC following failed drug test - April 18, 2019
- Who is new XFL New York President Janet Duch? - April 16, 2019