A Special Tradition: FDNY’s “Beast of the East” continues to entertain while also giving back
Various heroes will be fighting for bragging rights and a good cause.
When you hear of the words, “Worlds Finest”, the first thing you may think of is some sort of superhero team up. For the folks at the FDNY, however, it refers to those who have given their all and lost it as well in the name of freedom.
Inside Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater on Friday, March 15, New York’s firefighters will square off against brothers and sisters from various other organizations, including the Boston Fire Department, Philadelphia Police and Fire departments and the Massachusetts State Police. All of this for the annual “Beast of the East” event. The FDNY boxing team celebrates 37 years in existence.
Proceeds from the event will be going to Building Homes for Heroes, a non-profit that builds and modifies handicap accessible homes, mortgage-free, to injured veterans and their families. Over 200 homes so far have been built in 2019. It is the ultimate reward for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
Below are some results from the event:
– Bartender Rachael Washington def. Eng Co. 33’s Venessa Shoening
– Mass St. Police’s Rich Allen def. Eng Co. 218’s Jeffrey Barreau
– Philadelphia PD’s Anthony Sherman def. Eng. 249’s Ashton Rudder
– Eng Co. 75’s David Deleon Harris def. Philadelphia PD’s Chris Montowski
– Ladder Co. 31’s Josiah Rivera def. Mass. St. Police’s William Bulger
– Boston PD’s Shawn Mullen def. Engine Co. 33’s Andrew Tanzi
– Lad 173’s Dimitri Teplitskiy def. Mass. DOC Shane Vale via TKO
– Eng 66’s Felipe Irizarry def. Philadelphia FD’s Joey Suarez
– Eng 263’s Umberto Diaz def. Eng 258’s Theo Mitritzikos
Latest posts by Daniel Yanofsky (see all)
- It’s Showtime! Deontay Wilder chooses to stay with PBC, will face Dominic Breazeale inside the Barclays Center on May 18th - March 19, 2019
- LIVE STREAM: Where in the world is Deontay Wilder going? - March 19, 2019
- Michael Conlan dazzles in MSG showdown v. Ruben Garcia Hernandez on St. Patrick’s Day - March 18, 2019