NYCFC look to bounce back from a disappointing loss against Orlando City last weekend as they hit the road against the Columbus Crew, who currently sit in second place in the Eastern Conference table.
As both teams suffered defeat in New York last week (Crew lost 2-0 to the Red Bulls in New Jersey,) both sides look to rebound and earn three points in tonight’s match. Here is a quick breakdown of some vital statistics before this evening’s match.
- Both sides are in the same exact form, as in their last four games, both sides have had an L-W-L-W record.
- Columbus holds the overall series lead against NYCFC, sporting 2W-2D-1L in five matches.
- NYCFC won the most recent match in October of last year 4-1.
- Columbus has yet to lose in their last six home games, winning five and drawing one while averaging 2.16 goals per game.
- Both teams love to have possession, as both sides rank first and second in passes completed per match (NYCFC (448.9) and Columbus (420.5).)
Three Things To Watch
1. Can NYCFC Take Their Chances?
- In an ongoing saga, NYCFC is on and off in the attacking third this year. NYCFC will always create chances, but it is a matter of will they take them or not.
2. Does Wallace Remain at Left-Back?
- In last week’s postgame press conference, Vieira didn’t say if he was going to stick with Wallace at left-back going forward. However, the Frenchman did say that he thought Wallace played well and is a good option there, despite it not being his natural position.
3. Tommy McNamara
- If he gets the nod again at left-wing, watch to see if McNamara can perform a bit better than he did last week against Orlando City. McNamara always puts in a scrappy shift, but it will be interesting to see if McNamara can maybe have a few more shots from outside the box or can swing in some crosses to Villa or Harrison, which he failed to do last game except once.
Latest posts by Joshua Sampson (see all)
- The Annual TopSpin New York Charity Event is Yet Again a Smash Hit - December 7, 2017
- Texas A&M Rides Strong Second Half to Win Legends Classic Over Penn State - November 22, 2017
- Two Blowouts is All She Wrote: Three Takeaways from Night One of the Legends Classic - November 21, 2017