Victor Manosalvas Looks To Finish Strong At Seton Hall
Seton Hall University Midfielder Victor Manosalvas is coming off of an off-season for the ages. The redshirt senior was the star of the National Premier Soccer League, as he guided the New York Red Bulls U23 squad to an undefeated season and the league championship.
Manosalvas scored 12 goals and added 7 assists, as his team won all 12 games and finished with a remarkable goal differential of +50. The Red Bulls defeated Chattanooga FC 3-1 to win the championship.
When it was time for awards to be handed out, Manosalvas was there front and center. Not only did he win the Puma Golden Boot Award for the most goals scored in a season; but he took home the 2014 Mitre Golden Ball Award, for Player of the Year in the NPSL.
The fact that Manosalvas could play at such a top level is almost miraculous, considering he missed the entire 2012 season with an ACL injury. But hard work, rehab and perseverance paid off, as he was able to come back and is in even better shape now.
Manosalvas and his Seton Hall teammates are now finishing up a few exhibition games and getting ready for the start of the 2014 Big East soccer season.
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- The World Cup of Hockey Will be back in 2016 - January 26, 2015
- 2015 NHL All-Star Game Recap - January 26, 2015
- Mid-Season Broadway Blueshirt Report - January 26, 2015
- Setting Some Things Right in NY Ranger History - January 22, 2015
- Hagelin Notches Game Winner in OT to Defeat Ottawa - January 21, 2015