Victor Manosalvas Looks To Finish Strong At Seton Hall
Seton Hall University Midfielder Victor Manosalvas is coming off of an off-season for the ages. The redshirt senior was the star of the National Premier Soccer League, as he guided the New York Red Bulls U23 squad to an undefeated season and the league championship.
Manosalvas scored 12 goals and added 7 assists, as his team won all 12 games and finished with a remarkable goal differential of +50. The Red Bulls defeated Chattanooga FC 3-1 to win the championship.
When it was time for awards to be handed out, Manosalvas was there front and center. Not only did he win the Puma Golden Boot Award for the most goals scored in a season; but he took home the 2014 Mitre Golden Ball Award, for Player of the Year in the NPSL.
The fact that Manosalvas could play at such a top level is almost miraculous, considering he missed the entire 2012 season with an ACL injury. But hard work, rehab and perseverance paid off, as he was able to come back and is in even better shape now.
Manosalvas and his Seton Hall teammates are now finishing up a few exhibition games and getting ready for the start of the 2014 Big East soccer season.
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- NHL Suspends NY Ranger Defenseman John Moore for Five Games - October 30, 2014
- The Seton Hall Volleyball reaches 20 win mark for sixth time in school history - October 30, 2014
- Checking In On Season of Notre Dame QB Commit #2 Prospect in NJ - October 30, 2014
- Rangers Goal Record in Sight for Rick Nash - October 27, 2014
- Blueshirts Down Two Take Devils in Overtime - October 23, 2014