Kevin Hayes to Enter as Free Agent on August 16
A week ago, I told everyone about young Kevin Hayes, a winger drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks, but who chose to stay in college.
Now, however, he is still in talk with the team, but has not signed yet. I have just read that his agent, Robert Murray, told ESPN that it looks like they will NOT sign with Chicago, and will venture into Free Agency, as of August 16th, 2014.
Again, this bodes very well for the Rangers, as Hayes and Chris Kreider are former line mates. Also, with Dereck Dorsett being traded to Vancouver and Benoit Pouliot going to Edmonton, there just might be a fit for Hayes to make the team and play right away, providing he has a good training camp.
He would have to sign first, but I am hoping that the thought of playing with Kreider, the chance of playing right away, AND the lure of NYC, might prove just too much for the young winger to turn down.
Now, we just have to wait until August 16th AND hope Hayes signs to be a Broadway Blueshirt.
Here’s to HOPING?
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- NHL Suspends NY Ranger Defenseman John Moore for Five Games - October 30, 2014
- The Seton Hall Volleyball reaches 20 win mark for sixth time in school history - October 30, 2014
- Checking In On Season of Notre Dame QB Commit #2 Prospect in NJ - October 30, 2014
- Rangers Goal Record in Sight for Rick Nash - October 27, 2014
- Blueshirts Down Two Take Devils in Overtime - October 23, 2014