Kevin Hayes to Enter as Free Agent on August 16
A week ago, I told everyone about young Kevin Hayes, a winger drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks, but who chose to stay in college.
Now, however, he is still in talk with the team, but has not signed yet. I have just read that his agent, Robert Murray, told ESPN that it looks like they will NOT sign with Chicago, and will venture into Free Agency, as of August 16th, 2014.
Again, this bodes very well for the Rangers, as Hayes and Chris Kreider are former line mates. Also, with Dereck Dorsett being traded to Vancouver and Benoit Pouliot going to Edmonton, there just might be a fit for Hayes to make the team and play right away, providing he has a good training camp.
He would have to sign first, but I am hoping that the thought of playing with Kreider, the chance of playing right away, AND the lure of NYC, might prove just too much for the young winger to turn down.
Now, we just have to wait until August 16th AND hope Hayes signs to be a Broadway Blueshirt.
Here’s to HOPING?
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- Rangers Young Guns Double up Flyers 6-3 - September 29, 2014
- Seton Hall’s Shelbey Manthorpe Named Big East Offensive Player of the Week - September 29, 2014
- Rangers Take Blackhawks at the Madhouse on Madison - September 27, 2014
- Rangers to Face the Blackhawks in Chicago on Friday Night - September 26, 2014
- Derek Stepan suffers fractured fibula, expected to miss four to six weeks - September 25, 2014