Kevin Hayes to Enter as Free Agent on August 16
A week ago, I told everyone about young Kevin Hayes, a winger drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks, but who chose to stay in college.
Now, however, he is still in talk with the team, but has not signed yet. I have just read that his agent, Robert Murray, told ESPN that it looks like they will NOT sign with Chicago, and will venture into Free Agency, as of August 16th, 2014.
Again, this bodes very well for the Rangers, as Hayes and Chris Kreider are former line mates. Also, with Dereck Dorsett being traded to Vancouver and Benoit Pouliot going to Edmonton, there just might be a fit for Hayes to make the team and play right away, providing he has a good training camp.
He would have to sign first, but I am hoping that the thought of playing with Kreider, the chance of playing right away, AND the lure of NYC, might prove just too much for the young winger to turn down.
Now, we just have to wait until August 16th AND hope Hayes signs to be a Broadway Blueshirt.
Here’s to HOPING?
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- A Sad and Sorrowful Day for the Sport of Hockey - November 25, 2014
- Henrik and the Rangers Shut Out Canadiens - November 24, 2014
- SHU Volleyball Closes Season on a High Note - November 24, 2014
- Snow Postpones Rangers Hockey Game in Buffalo - November 21, 2014
- Talbot Stops 31 Shots to Shut out Flyers 2 to 0 - November 20, 2014