Stoppage-Time Goal by Sky Blue Defender Kendall Johnson Equals Game Winner
Queens, N.Y. – Sky Blue FC defeated St. John’s University 1-0 on Saturday afternoon in its first exhibition match of the 2014 preseason at Belson Stadium.
A stoppage-time goal by defender Kendall Johnson in the second minute of second-half added time, off a free kick just outside the penalty area, marked the game winner for Sky Blue.
Johnson’s fast shot found its way around a six-women wall then caromed off Red Storm goalkeeper Diana Poulin into the back of the net.
Sky Blue FC’s next exhibition match is on Sunday, March 23 against Penn State at Newark Academy in Livingston, N.J. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET.
Latest posts by Dave Schatz (see all)
- Sky Blue FC Rings NASDAQ Opening Bell - July 20, 2014
- NJ’s Only One-Mile Road Race Grows in Third Year on College Avenue - June 9, 2014
- Rampone, O’Hara selected to U.S. Women’s National Team Training Camp Roster for Matches Against France - June 3, 2014
- Brunswick Cup Kickoff Race, Memorial Day 5K, Takes Place for 35th Year at North Brunswick Community Park - May 30, 2014
- Sky Blue FC Ties Washington Spirit 3-3 in Road Game - May 22, 2014