SI Yanks Drop to .500
The Staten Island Yankees’ bats couldn’t find life as they drop to 4-4 with a loss to the Hudson Valley Renegades 3-0. The Renegades improve to 5-3.
Nolan Gannon threw six scoreless innings for the Renegades, fanning eight and allowing one hit. He’s 2-0 to start the season.
The Yankees only collected three hits and remain homerless on the season. Chris Breen went 1-4, continuing his hot hitting. The Baby Bombers struck out 13 times in the game and walked only once.
Sam Agnew Wieland was the losing pitcher for the Yankees.
The Yankees will matchup against Hudson Valley again tonight at home. Jordan Cote will pitch for the Yankees; he received a no-decision in his last outing.
June 19, 2014
The Yankees collected 12 hits to beat the Aberdeen Ironbirds 5-4.
Baby Bomber Notes
– Chris Breen leads the league in OBP with .500
– The Yankees have yet to hit a home run eight games.
Latest posts by Stephen Romano (see all)
- SI Yankees Top Connecticut Tigers 7-1 to Open Series - July 28, 2014
- Bats Heat Up in SI Yankees Win - June 22, 2014
- SI Yanks Drop to .500 - June 21, 2014
- Bats Continue to Struggle as Staten Island Yankees Kept Off Scoreboard - June 19, 2014
- SI Yankees Start Season Slow, But Manage Series Split with Brooklyn - June 17, 2014