Seton Hall Lady Pirates Shut Out again on the Pitch
For the third consecutive match, the Seton Hall Lady Pirates Soccer team as fallen to a 1-0 score. This time MAAC favorite Monmouth does the honors.
Sophomore Goalkeeper, Illissa Blackshear made saves throughout the match, but at about the 40th minute, disaster struck. Substitute Julie Spracklin ran up to a corner kick from Kristen Brett and struck it into the back of the net.
This was only the third goal given up by the Lady Pirates all year long, but it would prove just enough.
Despite a good attack, led by freshman Jackie Saint John and sophomore Frankie Maier; SHU could not score.
Maier even had a Penalty Kick attempt in the 80th minute, but her low hard shot, just rolled wide of the left post and Monmouth goalie Nicole D’Agostino.
Seton Hall is now 1-3, while Monmouth evens their season at 2-2.
Next up for the Lady Pirates will be a three game road trip, starting Thursday September 4th, at Stony Brook of the America East Conference. The match is scheduled for 7:00 pm and will be broadcast live on 89.5 WSOU FM.
So if you cannot get to Stony Brook, turn on the radio and “watch” the match that way.
Good Luck Lady Pirates!!
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- NHL Suspends NY Ranger Defenseman John Moore for Five Games - October 30, 2014
- The Seton Hall Volleyball reaches 20 win mark for sixth time in school history - October 30, 2014
- Checking In On Season of Notre Dame QB Commit #2 Prospect in NJ - October 30, 2014
- Rangers Goal Record in Sight for Rick Nash - October 27, 2014
- Blueshirts Down Two Take Devils in Overtime - October 23, 2014