Seton Hall Lady Pirates Shut Out again on the Pitch
For the third consecutive match, the Seton Hall Lady Pirates Soccer team as fallen to a 1-0 score. This time MAAC favorite Monmouth does the honors.
Sophomore Goalkeeper, Illissa Blackshear made saves throughout the match, but at about the 40th minute, disaster struck. Substitute Julie Spracklin ran up to a corner kick from Kristen Brett and struck it into the back of the net.
This was only the third goal given up by the Lady Pirates all year long, but it would prove just enough.
Despite a good attack, led by freshman Jackie Saint John and sophomore Frankie Maier; SHU could not score.
Maier even had a Penalty Kick attempt in the 80th minute, but her low hard shot, just rolled wide of the left post and Monmouth goalie Nicole D’Agostino.
Seton Hall is now 1-3, while Monmouth evens their season at 2-2.
Next up for the Lady Pirates will be a three game road trip, starting Thursday September 4th, at Stony Brook of the America East Conference. The match is scheduled for 7:00 pm and will be broadcast live on 89.5 WSOU FM.
So if you cannot get to Stony Brook, turn on the radio and “watch” the match that way.
Good Luck Lady Pirates!!
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- What to Expect When Rangers Training Camp Opens - September 17, 2014
- NY Ranger Prospects Close out Traverse City Tourney with a 6-3 loss to Minnesota - September 17, 2014
- SHU Lady Pirates Tie Columbia 0-0 - September 16, 2014
- Ranger Prospects go to OT for third straight night at Traverse City Tourney - September 16, 2014
- NY Ranger Training Camp Opens on Thursday 9/18 - September 16, 2014