Pirates Tie Rams 1-1 in Season Opener in Rhode Island
Sophomore goalkeeper Julian Spindler, who handled 11 Rhode Island corner kicks and made four saves, kept the Pirates in the match, until he surrendered a goal at the 38 minute mark.
This only blemish on young Spindler’s day came when Mike Casey took a Mike Sykes pass and beat him from the top of the box.
But, it was the two NJ seniors who were able to team up in the 77th minute for the game tying goal. Victor Manosalvas from Clifton was able to hit Kai Greene from South Orange, who was then able to drill it home from 8 yards out for the tying goal.
Not much happened in the two overtime periods, and despite being out-shot 23 to 11, the Pirates left Rhode Island with a hard fought 1-1 tie.
SHU returns home on Sunday, August 31st, for a 1:00 kick off at Owen T. Carroll Stadium for their home opener against UMass-Lowell.
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- A Sad and Sorrowful Day for the Sport of Hockey - November 25, 2014
- Henrik and the Rangers Shut Out Canadiens - November 24, 2014
- SHU Volleyball Closes Season on a High Note - November 24, 2014
- Snow Postpones Rangers Hockey Game in Buffalo - November 21, 2014
- Talbot Stops 31 Shots to Shut out Flyers 2 to 0 - November 20, 2014