New York Cosmos Lose To Tampa Bay, Get Ready For Minnesota
Last weekend, the New York Cosmos left Florida without a point after falling to the Tampa Bay Rowdies, 3-1. Despite positive buildup play and several chances on net, the Cosmos failed to achieve a lead, looking out of sync and off balance for most of the evening.
This week, the Cosmos look to bounce back with a victory against defending NASL champions, Minnesota United. United have picked up right where they left off during the spring season, currently sitting atop the league with a three-point cushion.
The key to Minnesota’s success has been 23-year old Christian Ramirez, who leads the league with 12 goals on the season. Ramirez set YouTube abuzz last week when his awe-inspiring bicycle kick goal highlighted a dominant 5-1 victory against Indy Eleven. Minnesota certainly looks like the class of the NASL once again, and a victory against this surging squad will be key to a Cosmos title push.
The Cosmos host Ramirez and his Minnesota squad Saturday August 23 at 7pm at Hofstra’s Shuart Stadium. Both teams will be searching for a victory to help secure their respective places in the postseason.
Latest posts by Daniel Steele (see all)
- NYC FC Select Khiry Shelton With Inaugural Draft Selection - January 20, 2015
- Mix Diskerud Signs with New York City FC - January 16, 2015
- Jurgen Klinsmann Calls in 28 for First Training Camp of 2015 - January 12, 2015
- Five Most Memorable Moments of 2014: US Men’s National Team - January 5, 2015
- NYC FC Joins Orlando City SC in the MLS Expansion Priority Draft - September 25, 2014