Michael Sam is Oprah’s New Protégé
Michael Sam, the NFL’s first openly gay player, will star in his own documentary series (reality show) on Oprah’s OWN network. The series is intended to follow Sam as he prepares to play pro football. The Sam-umentary will also be directed by Craig Pilligan, the same guy who is responsible for the Lindsay Lohan docu-series for OWN.
While I am all for making social progress, Michael Sam has sold out before he has even touched a pro field. Besides the fact that the network is creating a Kardashian public figure out of a talented athlete because he’s gay, it’s also a distraction from what he even gained notoriety for in the first place: playin’ football.
Then again, if Oprah gave a damn about my love life and offered me a slice of her fabulous wealth, I probably wouldn’t be able to sign over my privacy rights fast enough.
At this point, Sam is definitely worth more in Oprah dollars than he ever would be in NFL money, so, good on ya, Mikey. Milk that cash cow until your fifteen minutes are up.
Latest posts by Jacque Medina (see all)
- Michael Sam is Oprah’s New Protégé - May 16, 2014
- Something Gross for your Monday: Delino DeShields Jr Suffers Broken Cheekbone - April 21, 2014
- Ray Rice Arrested for Knocking His Fiancée Out At NJ Casino - February 21, 2014
- Life is awkward for Auburn Football right now - February 6, 2014
- Siena Swimming & Diving Create Timber Video From Spring Trip to Florida - January 22, 2014