Melo Returns to Knicks, Ready to Ride For New York
This past Saturday, Carmelo Anthony decided to follow in Lebron’s footsteps by going home and staying where his heart is. As they always say, “home is where the heart is” and that would be New York for Carmelo.
Anthony and the Knicks agreed to a 5-year deal worth 129 million dollars. Anthony decided to help out the Knicks and not take max money in the front part of his contract. This will allow the Knicks to pursue other free agents this year and put some key pieces on the roster to help the organization get back into the playoffs.
This contract isn’t just big for Anthony’s wallet, but also big for the Knicks franchise. Any team in any league would love a superstar player like Anthony but this will help out in the next few summers. The newest thing to do these days as a free agent is to sign and team up with other superstars to compete for a championship. With big stars around the league being able to sign any where they would like, the Knicks will have some cap space and a very popular star that can attract some huge free agents.
Once the season gets started, I am sure the garden will give a huge ovation for Melo as he is now, “willing to ride or ride for New York”.
Latest posts by Michael Schepp (see all)
- Knicks Sign Landston Galloway to Contract Through 2015-16 - January 28, 2015
- Knicks in London –with Melo and Amar’e - January 14, 2015
- Reaction From Three-Team Trade Involving New York Knicks - January 7, 2015
- Happy Struggles Continue As Knicks Can’t Get Hot - December 23, 2014
- Drama and Tempers Surround Knicks - December 10, 2014