Knicks Take Gamble on Odom
The New York Knicks announced on Wednesday night that they have officially signed Lamar Odom to a 2-year deal. The second year of the deal is not guaranteed.
The Knicks had until the start of Wednesday night’s game to get Odom onto the 2013-14 roster. The Knicks are using this signing and type of contract so Odom can use the Knicks facility over the summer to get back into shape for a chance to play next season. Odom only played two games this season in Spain before heading back to the states because of a back injury.
This is the first creative move by Phil Jackson to help bolster the roster for next season. Odom played for Jackson on the L.A Lakers and won back-to-back championships in 2009 and 2010.
If Odom can get healthy and prove to the Knicks staff in the offseason that he can still play and help the team win, there shouldn’t be any doubt he can come off the bench next season for the Knicks. He can provide some knowledge about the triangle offensive that he is accustomed to playing in with his days in L.A.
I say the biggest risk about this signing is that we might have to see some of the Kardashians in the Garden more than anyone would like too.
Latest posts by Michael Schepp (see all)
- Knicks in London –with Melo and Amar’e - January 14, 2015
- Reaction From Three-Team Trade Involving New York Knicks - January 7, 2015
- Happy Struggles Continue As Knicks Can’t Get Hot - December 23, 2014
- Drama and Tempers Surround Knicks - December 10, 2014
- Through Five Games, Knicks Showing Mix of Highs and Lows - November 6, 2014