Knicks add D-League Team
The New York Knicks have decided to name their new Developmental League team name the same as their own.
The Westchester Knicks will start playing there game in the 2014-15 season. The home games will be played at the County Center in White Plains, New York. Once the new franchise was announced on March 10, fans were given the opportunity to choose the team name online. The fans decided to keep it original and call them the Westchester Knicks.
The new logo was designed to replicate the current Knicks primary logo and the logo that was used back in inaugural season from 1946. There will be a feathered smiling Knickerbocker dribbling a basketball as the main design of the logo.
I think it is a great idea for each team to have their own D-league affiliate. This can act as there minor league facility and can have players called up or down a lot easier if any injury occurs on the NBA level. With more developmental teams, there will be more opportunity for some college players that may need any extra year or two to develop and get ready for the NBA. The draft can add an extra round and can keep a lot of players from heading overseas to find a professional career.
Latest posts by Michael Schepp (see all)
- Through Five Games, Knicks Showing Mix of Highs and Lows - November 6, 2014
- What we’ve learned about the Knicks thus far in preseason - October 23, 2014
- Getting Ready for Knicks Preseason - October 8, 2014
- Knicks Update Staff, Roster, and Affiliates - September 10, 2014
- Knicks Announce Preseason Schedule - August 27, 2014