Jets Re-Sign Garett McIntyre
The New York Jets announced on Wednesday that they have re-signed Garrett McIntyre. The terms of the contract have not yet been released. This is a solid move for the New York Jets; McIntyre played in 13 games, recorded 19 tackles, two sacks, and provides solid depth at the outside linebacker position.
This move has the most impact on Special Teams. McIntyre is a special team ace, and losing him would of hurt a unit that’s play took a step-back last season.
The Jets linebacker core as of now looks the same as last year, but I truly expect the Jets to address the OLB position in May’s upcoming draft. Calvin Pace, who recorded his career high with 10 sacks last season, was brought back on a two-year deal, but he will be turning 34 by next season. The Jets will need to find a young player that will finally give Rex Ryan’s defense a consistent pass rush off the edge.
Latest posts by Nick Ludovico (see all)
- Willie Colon to Miss Time Due to Knee Scope - May 28, 2014
- What’s to Love, Like, and Not Stand About Quincy Enunwa’s Game - May 25, 2014
- Jets Continue to Add to Backfield - May 16, 2014
- A Breakdown of New York Jets First Round Draft Pick, Calvin Pryor - May 15, 2014
- New York Jets 2014 Draft Report Card - May 13, 2014