Jets Have Interest in Sidney Rice?
According to Craig Carton of WFAN’s morning radio show Boomer and Carton, the New York Jets have interest in the free agent wide receiver Sidney Rice. Craig Carton said, a very reliable person has told him the Jets will have a meeting with Rice within the next couple of days.
Rice, who missed the second half of the 2013 season including the playoffs due to a knee injury, has recently been cleared to begin football activities by Dr. James Andrews. Rice never lived up to the big contract he received from Seattle, and the Jets really need to make sure his knee checks out before they sign him. Rice is far from the player that he was back in 2009, when he had 83 receptions, 1,312 yards and eight touchdowns, but signing him would be a low risk move, and one that might be worth a shot.
Latest posts by Nick Ludovico (see all)
- Willie Colon to Miss Time Due to Knee Scope - May 28, 2014
- What’s to Love, Like, and Not Stand About Quincy Enunwa’s Game - May 25, 2014
- Jets Continue to Add to Backfield - May 16, 2014
- A Breakdown of New York Jets First Round Draft Pick, Calvin Pryor - May 15, 2014
- New York Jets 2014 Draft Report Card - May 13, 2014