Jets Continue to Add to Backfield
Well, if you are a fan of the New York Jets, you have to be excited with what this team is doing in the backfield. Today, the Jets claimed former St. Louis Rams running back Daryl Richardson, adding him to an already loaded backfield. Richardson was supposed to be the guy that replaced Steven Jackson for the Rams, but Zac Stacy made the best of his opportunity and earned the starting job.
In 2012, Richardson averaged 4.8 yards per carry, running for 475 yards, but after dealing with a toe injury for most of last season and the emergence of Stacy, his numbers declined. Now, with Richardson joining the team, this most likely means Mike Goodson’s time in New York will come to an end. Check back with us here at DoubleG Sports, later on for more information on what this move means for the Jets.
Latest posts by Nick Ludovico (see all)
- Willie Colon to Miss Time Due to Knee Scope - May 28, 2014
- What’s to Love, Like, and Not Stand About Quincy Enunwa’s Game - May 25, 2014
- Jets Continue to Add to Backfield - May 16, 2014
- A Breakdown of New York Jets First Round Draft Pick, Calvin Pryor - May 15, 2014
- New York Jets 2014 Draft Report Card - May 13, 2014