Freedom’s Dominic Joseph Awarded First PIFL Defensive Player of the Week Honor
NASHVILLE – Trenton Freedom defensive back Dominic Joseph reaped the reward of a 5.5 tackle, pick-six performance with the first Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) Defensive Player of the Week award for the 2014 season.
Joseph deflected the praise for his performance by pointing out that he wasn’t a one man unit out there.
“You have to give props to coach Sadler and the defensive coaches for having us prepared,” Joseph said. “We played as a complete unit and got the job done.”
Behind Joseph’s efforts, the Freedom limited the Richmond Raiders to 17 points and 183 passing yards.
Joseph and the Freedom take the field Saturday in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania against the Lehigh Valley Steel Hawks.
Latest posts by Augustine Dashiell (see all)
- O’Hanlon Delivers Pre-Playoff Pep Talk to Trenton Freedom - July 4, 2014
- Freedom Loss Last Minute Heart-breaker to Georgia Fire - June 22, 2014
- Alex “Brick City Bullet” Perez Defeats Jeremiah Wiggins - June 1, 2014
- Poor Tackling Leading to Inconsistent Play From Trenton Freedom - May 28, 2014
- Third Time is a Charm: Trenton Freedom Defeats Lehigh Valley Steelhawks - May 25, 2014