Freedom’s Dominic Joseph Awarded First PIFL Defensive Player of the Week Honor
NASHVILLE – Trenton Freedom defensive back Dominic Joseph reaped the reward of a 5.5 tackle, pick-six performance with the first Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) Defensive Player of the Week award for the 2014 season.
Joseph deflected the praise for his performance by pointing out that he wasn’t a one man unit out there.
“You have to give props to coach Sadler and the defensive coaches for having us prepared,” Joseph said. “We played as a complete unit and got the job done.”
Behind Joseph’s efforts, the Freedom limited the Richmond Raiders to 17 points and 183 passing yards.
Joseph and the Freedom take the field Saturday in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania against the Lehigh Valley Steel Hawks.
Latest posts by Augustine Dashiell (see all)
- Discipline Through Military Career Led Shawn Cameron To Boxing Ring - January 14, 2015
- Sky Blue FC Preparing for NWSL College Draft - January 12, 2015
- New York Native, Mikkel LesPierre Balances Full-Time Job and Full-Time Boxing Training, Looking For Big Break - January 12, 2015
- Trenton Freedom Focus on Local Talent - January 4, 2015
- O’Hanlon Delivers Pre-Playoff Pep Talk to Trenton Freedom - July 4, 2014