Chris Johnson Visiting Jets Today
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported earlier, that free agent running back, Chris Johnson, will be visiting with the New York Jets today. There was a rumor that the Jets were one of five teams that tried to trade for the running back, and its obvious now that they are still very much interested.
It’s going to be interesting to see how general manager John Idzik handles the contract negotiations; since he took over as a GM he has always tried to sign free agents “at the right price”
Now, if the Jets do sign Chris Johnson, their backfield will suddenly become very crowded.
Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell, and Mike Goodson, will all want carries, but will there be enough to keep everyone happy?
Goodson, who is coming off an ACL injury, and still has to deal with his off the field issues; looks like he could be the one that’s asked clean out his locker and hand in his playbook. Chris Ivory has always been injury prone throughout his career, so Johnson would be a nice back up in case he does get injured. If Johnson realizes that he is not an every down back anymore this move could work out, and finally give the Jets that “homerun” hitter on offense that they desperately need.
Latest posts by Nick Ludovico (see all)
- Willie Colon to Miss Time Due to Knee Scope - May 28, 2014
- What’s to Love, Like, and Not Stand About Quincy Enunwa’s Game - May 25, 2014
- Jets Continue to Add to Backfield - May 16, 2014
- A Breakdown of New York Jets First Round Draft Pick, Calvin Pryor - May 15, 2014
- New York Jets 2014 Draft Report Card - May 13, 2014