Giants Win Big Game Against Detroit
What more can you say about the New York Football Giants? In a game that had major playoff implications, the Giants defense showed up once again and shut down the prolific Detroit Lions offense to the tune of a 17-6 win at a rainy Metlife Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Although the defense only sacked Matthew Stafford once in the game, Stafford was running for a good part of the game as the G-Men sent blitzes from every direction at the Detroit QB. Add in timely stops for the Giants secondary, who lost Janoris Jenkins early with a back issue, and the Giants moved to 10-4 on the season.
The offense, the subject of much scorn over the last few weeks, once again showed inconsistent flashes against the Lions. Eli Manning threw for over 200 yards for the first time since Nov. 20 against the Bears and the Giants running game ran the ball well as Paul Perkins continued to make a play to be the starting running back as he accumulated 56 yards on 11 carries. It seems that Big Blue is beginning to put it together and ahead of Thursday’s matchup with the Eagles, it’s time for a complete game against Philadelphia.
The Jets Lay Another Egg Against Dolphins
Bad enough the Jets played on a Saturday night but the performance they put together against the Miami Dolphins was pitiful. New York’s 34-13 loss to the Dolphins was an absolute disaster and a game that fans want to forget. The issue wasn’t on one side of the ball…the whole team was a mess and it was reflected for an entire 60 minutes.
Bryce Petty took one of the worst hits I’ve ever seen and so Ryan Fitzpatrick may have gotten his starting job back to end the season. On defense I believe that the scheme works but Todd Bowles doesn’t have the personnel to execute it. I’m going to keep this short but it was not pretty and as a friend of mine told me on Monday, there were plenty of good seats available at MetLife Stadium.
Moving The Chains
- Am I the only one who is pumped for college football bowl season? I mean who doesn’t want to watch the Bahamas on a random weekday during the day?
- The semifinals will be played on New Year’s Eve, pitting Alabama against Washington and Clemson versus Ohio State. If you’re a fan of one of those teams and looking to potentially attend the National Championship, you can find college football championship tickets at TeamTix.com. All you need to do is reserve your tickets, and if your team wins, you’ll get access to finals tickets at face value. Pretty great deal.
- The Oakland Raiders clinched a playoff spot last week. It’s a shame that the team is finally good for the city of Oakland and now they are probably going to move to Las Vegas.
- On a final note, I would like to wish everyone a happy holidays. This time of year is for family, food and football so enjoy yourselves and I will see you all for the final Bump N’ Run of 2016 next week.
Latest posts by Kahlil Thomas (see all)
- Seton Hall Drops Second Straight Big East Game Against Xavier - January 20, 2018
- Seton Hall Opens Big East Schedule With Win Over Creighton - December 28, 2017
- Seton Hall Finishes Non-Conference Tilt With Win Over Manhattan - December 23, 2017