Should Brady Skjei Jump to the Pros?
This is the question that Brady Skjei faced during this off-season. Should the 20 year old, 6 foot 3, 200-pound Defense-man go back to the University of Minnesota and play another season for the powerhouse Golden Gophers and their excellent Head Coach Don Lucia?
Should he make the jump to the NY Rangers, attend their Training Camp and chance making the team or being sent to Hartford?
Young Skjei chose to go back to school and develop his game a bit more, although many Scouts believe he can play in the NHL right now. He did not want to have too much thrust on him too soon.
That formula has ruined many good, young Hockey players. Better to play another season for the Gophers and another chance at the Frozen Four and a National Title, than be jeered and booed at by the Garden Faithful for any mistake he may make before them.
I believe that Brady made the right decision and that next season, he will be a part of the Rangers for many years to come.
He already has the size and strength to play in the NHL, and his potential is limitless. He can be as good as any other top 4 defense-man in the league; it will just take time and effort.
But look for his name Ranger fans, you will be seeing a lot of it in the near future.
Latest posts by Tony Griffo (see all)
- Saint John, Blackshear lead Lady Pirates over Army in Double OT - September 15, 2014
- SHU Women’s Volleyball win 2 out of 3 in West Virginia - September 14, 2014
- Seton Hall Freshman Katie Kim wins Singles Championship at Quinnipiac - September 14, 2014
- SH Men’s Soccer: Pirates lose, as Tigers net Game Winner with 28 seconds Left - September 14, 2014
- Seton Hall Lady Pirates off to a Very Quick Start at Quinnipiac - September 13, 2014