Bobby Gunn Jr. Gets Second Straight First-Round Knockout
Hackensack – Junior middleweight prospect Bobby Gunn Jr. recorded his second first-round knockout in as many fights Saturday at the ABC Auditorium in Annandale, Virginia.
“It felt good (getting the early stoppage) but I kind of wish I got some rounds in,” the soft spoken Gunn Jr. said. “I’m happy with the win and I’m already in the gym training for my next fight.”
Gunn (2-0, 2 KO) opened the fight with jabs that pushed Gabriel Smallwood (0-1) backwards. Gunn ended the fight with a vicious body-head combination that dropped ended the fight in 51 seconds.
The quick stoppage was the second of Gunn’s career as he ended Devin Gist’s evening in 43 seconds in his March debut. The Hackensack native makes his Jersey debut May 31 at the Birchwood Manor in Whippany against an unnamed opponent.
Latest posts by Augustine Dashiell (see all)
- O’Hanlon Delivers Pre-Playoff Pep Talk to Trenton Freedom - July 4, 2014
- Freedom Loss Last Minute Heart-breaker to Georgia Fire - June 22, 2014
- Alex “Brick City Bullet” Perez Defeats Jeremiah Wiggins - June 1, 2014
- Poor Tackling Leading to Inconsistent Play From Trenton Freedom - May 28, 2014
- Third Time is a Charm: Trenton Freedom Defeats Lehigh Valley Steelhawks - May 25, 2014