Bobby Gunn Jr. Gets Second Straight First-Round Knockout
Hackensack – Junior middleweight prospect Bobby Gunn Jr. recorded his second first-round knockout in as many fights Saturday at the ABC Auditorium in Annandale, Virginia.
“It felt good (getting the early stoppage) but I kind of wish I got some rounds in,” the soft spoken Gunn Jr. said. “I’m happy with the win and I’m already in the gym training for my next fight.”
Gunn (2-0, 2 KO) opened the fight with jabs that pushed Gabriel Smallwood (0-1) backwards. Gunn ended the fight with a vicious body-head combination that dropped ended the fight in 51 seconds.
The quick stoppage was the second of Gunn’s career as he ended Devin Gist’s evening in 43 seconds in his March debut. The Hackensack native makes his Jersey debut May 31 at the Birchwood Manor in Whippany against an unnamed opponent.
Latest posts by Augustine Dashiell (see all)
- Discipline Through Military Career Led Shawn Cameron To Boxing Ring - January 14, 2015
- Sky Blue FC Preparing for NWSL College Draft - January 12, 2015
- New York Native, Mikkel LesPierre Balances Full-Time Job and Full-Time Boxing Training, Looking For Big Break - January 12, 2015
- Trenton Freedom Focus on Local Talent - January 4, 2015
- O’Hanlon Delivers Pre-Playoff Pep Talk to Trenton Freedom - July 4, 2014