BlueClaws Snap Losing Streak With 7-5 Win
It has been almost too long since the Lakewood BlueClaws had a win. The rut in the middle of the month in the series against the Greensboro Grasshoppers and the Hagerstown Suns have proved tough for Lakewood, but the team finally ended a seven-game losing streak Monday night.
Shortstop JP Crawford scored three of the BlueClaws’ seven runs in the game to defeat the Grasshoppers 7-5.
Carlos Tocci added four hits and an RBI and Willians Astudillo hit his first home run of the season. It was Tocci’s first four-hit game of his career.
Lakewood needed solid pitching behind the offense. Mark Leiter, Jr. gave Lakewood what it needed to win the game. Leiter picked up his second win of the season allowing four runs in six innings of work striking out eight batters.
Greensboro struck out 15 times in the game.
Cody Forsythe closed the door for his first save of the season.
Lakewood (3-8) bounces back nicely after being swept by the Suns over the weekend.
The series with Greensboro (7-5) continues Tuesday barring rain, which is supposed to hamper the day in its entirety.
If the game does get underway, Tyler Viza will look for his first win of the season against Greensboro’s Ryan Newell.
Latest posts by Ryan Gaydos (see all)
- Astudillo Continuing Hot Hitting In Lexington - April 30, 2014
- BlueClaws Drop Slugfest vs. Hagerstown 10-8 - April 19, 2014
- Viza Keeps Greensboro Grounded In BlueClaws 3-2 Win - April 17, 2014
- BlueClaws Snap Losing Streak With 7-5 Win - April 15, 2014
- Lakewood Falls to Hagerstown For Sixth Straight Loss - April 13, 2014