BlueClaws Drop Slugfest vs. Hagerstown 10-8
The Lakewood BlueClaws managed to start the game early with four runs, but could not hold the lead the entire game and lost to the Hagerstown Suns 10-8 on Friday.
Dylan Cozens hit a three-run home run in the first inning off of Dixon Anderson to set the tone for the entire game. However, the lead did not hold for the rest of the game.
The Suns started on the comeback trail in the second inning when John Wooten hit a home run off of BlueClaws’ starter Rafael Casimiro. Casimiro ended up allowing nine runs between the second and third innings, totaling nine for the entire game.
Lakewood picked up four more to keep the game close, but the Suns pulled away in the seventh when Estarlin Martinez drove home Wooten to make the game 10-8.
JP Crawford, Carlos Tocci and Cozens all had three hits in the game. Cozens had a double to go along with his three-run home run. Tocci also had an RBI.
Once Casimiro was relieved in the third inning, Julio Reyes and Ulises Joaquin did a good job keeping the Suns at bay for the rest of the game. Reyes and Joaquin both recorded three strikeouts.
Lakewood (4-10) finishes the series against Hagerstown (11-4) Saturday.
Latest posts by Ryan Gaydos (see all)
- Astudillo Continuing Hot Hitting In Lexington - April 30, 2014
- BlueClaws Drop Slugfest vs. Hagerstown 10-8 - April 19, 2014
- Viza Keeps Greensboro Grounded In BlueClaws 3-2 Win - April 17, 2014
- BlueClaws Snap Losing Streak With 7-5 Win - April 15, 2014
- Lakewood Falls to Hagerstown For Sixth Straight Loss - April 13, 2014