Baruch Voted Number One In CUNYAC Volleyball Preseason Poll
Last year the women’s volleyball team at Baruch College won their third consecutive City University of New York Athletic Conference (CUNYAC) Championship. That accomplishment has helped them climb to the top spot of the 2014 CUNYAC Preseason Poll. Only Hunter College, ranked second in the poll, has won more titles (7).
According to CUNYAC’s website, head coach Carrie Thomas said, “We are very pleased to be picked first in the league this year. We have lots of talent returning and the team is looking forward to defending its title at home this year.”
Rounding out the poll are Brooklyn, Lehman, City College of New York (CCNY), John Jay, College of Staten Island, York and Medgar Evers.
Along with the poll results, the conference also announced Co-Preseason Players of The Year. Joe-Marie Aquino of CCNY was a 2013 First Team All-Star who led her team in kills/set with 3.43. Lehman’s Leticia Marotti was in CUNYAC’s top 10 with her .212 hitting percentage last year.
The season gets underway Labor Day weekend, with the first conference games scheduled for mid-September.
Latest posts by Bernadette Pasley (see all)
- Brooklyn College Men Beats CCNY In CUNYAC Hoops Opener - November 26, 2014
- Season Preview: The 2014-15 York College Men’s Basketball Team - November 11, 2014
- Staten Island Wins Second Straight CUNYAC Men’s Cross Country Title - October 27, 2014
- Hunter Wins 12th CUNYAC Women’s Cross Country Title - October 27, 2014
- Monroe College Dominates Baruch Invitational - September 7, 2014