A Look Back at Lisa De Vanna’s Stunning Bicycle Kick Goal against Boston at RU’s Yurcak Field
Lisa De Vanna’s bicycle kick goal, in the 14th minute of Sky Blue FC’s match against the Boston Breakers on June 1, 2013 at RU’s Yurcak Field, was amazing and worth revisiting here on DGS.
The much talked about goal advanced Sky Blue FC to a 2-0 lead, and they pounded the Breakers 5-1 that evening in Piscataway, New Jersey. The star forward’s phenomanal bicycle kick held as the game winning goal.
“Oh lord what a goal — Lisa De Vanna — bicycle kick …certainly that was world class from De Vanna. So far this season, she’s certainly been Sky Blue’s best player… best attacking player in this league…” the announcers said with excitement.
For those of you who don’t know exactly what a bicycle kick goal is, here is Wikipedia’s description: “A bicycle kick (also called scissor kick or overhead kick) is a physical move made by throwing the body up into the air, making a shearing movement with the legs to get one leg in front of the other without holding on to the ground. The move can either be done backwards or sideways… This move is one of the most praised plays in the game.”
View it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuQI0r_m90
Or, with music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzY5Jmrx1yY
Latest posts by Dave Schatz (see all)
- Sky Blue FC Rings NASDAQ Opening Bell - July 20, 2014
- NJ’s Only One-Mile Road Race Grows in Third Year on College Avenue - June 9, 2014
- Rampone, O’Hara selected to U.S. Women’s National Team Training Camp Roster for Matches Against France - June 3, 2014
- Brunswick Cup Kickoff Race, Memorial Day 5K, Takes Place for 35th Year at North Brunswick Community Park - May 30, 2014
- Sky Blue FC Ties Washington Spirit 3-3 in Road Game - May 22, 2014