This is the DoubleGSports.com Athlete’s Voices column in which local star athletes provide guest posts updating their fans on what they have been up to. Today’s post is from the New York Liberty’s Plenette Pierson.
Let me just say that I cant believe that its December already. This is one of the most important times of the year for those players that are playing across Europe right now… Christmas break is rapidly approaching!!!! My countdown to Christmas break is sitting at 12 days.. So in honor of Christmas and the 12 days that I have left in Slovakia Ill give you 12 things that I look forward to during Christmas break.
1. Diving into my queen size bed…. After spending three months sleeping in a twin size bed, I really look forward to having a little more wiggle room in the bed.
2. Driving my truck… Coming overseas I traded my truck in for a Ford Fiesta…
3. The plethora of restaurants…. I can’t wait to have something from all my favorite restaurants. Don’t worry Ill will eat in moderation!
4. My trip to Disney World… I’m such a big kid at heart and I love the magical world of Disney.
5. Spending some time with my nephew Cleven.. My nephew stole my heart at birth and we have a bond that is crazy. Taking him to Disney World has been something that I have been waiting for since he was born. So we will be spending my Christmas break in Orlando, Florida.
6. I’m looking forward to seeing all the presents under the tree. I’m not really looking for anything for myself, I just love seeing my family with smiles on their faces. I’m all about the giving, but don’t get me wrong I love receiving gifts also.
7. Football… With all the free time that I have had overseas I’ve found a new interest in football. I’m looking forward to watching all the college bowl games that will be televised.
8. Attending the Christmas light show at Life University. Every year, Life University holds a light show and this will be my first year attending the show.
9. Wrapping gifts… It’s just something about wrapping gifts that puts a smile on my face. I really feel like I’m one of Santa’s taller Elf’s.
10. Spending time with family and friends…
11. My Grandmother… I just love coming to see my 82-year-old grandmother. She loves saying that I am her favorite granddaughter… That’s only because I am her only granddaughter.
12. Last but not least, relaxing taking a break from basketball. Both mentally and physically this break will be welcomed.
I would like to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Stay tuned for more blogs and pictures from my trip to Disney World.