1. New England Patriots (3): Here we go again; the late surge for the first seed. Does anybody doubt they’ll get it?
2. Houston Texans (1): They came out and laid a complete dud. Fans better hope that was a wake up call.
3. Denver Broncos (4): As great as Peyton has been, the defense is pretty good too. They may be one of the more complete teams in the league.
4. Atlanta Falcons (2): A game like that is why people do not trust them. A win against the Giants this week will make fans feel better.
5. San Francisco 49ers (6): They are riding pretty steady right now but Colin Kaepernick will show what he’s made of these next two weeks.
6. Indianapolis Colts (7): Everyone gives me grief for putting them this high but they beat the Packers on top of some other nice wins. They had two wins last year folks…TWO!
7. Baltimore Ravens (5): Why bother firing Cam Cameron? They may have set the team back a little bit at the wrong time.
8. Green Bay Packers (8): I said it once and I’m going to say it again: Aaron Rodgers is the MVP. Having said that, it was nice to see them get the running game going a little bit.
9. New York Giants (12): First time they put up 50+ since 1986; the year they won the Super Bowl. They are going to need a better defense if they want to repeat.
10. Seattle Seahawks (13): Maybe they are that good. They better not look past Buffalo because next week can be for first place. Yeah, that’s right.
11. Chicago Bears (9): Very New York Giants like meltdown going on right now. Can Jay Cutler or Lovie Smith be in trouble?
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (10): What the hell was that? Better wake up before it’s too late.
13. Cincinnati Bengals (11): That was a huge loss and a game they should of had. They still control their own destiny though.
14. Washington Redskins (14): I know Cleveland has been playing well but I would sit RG3. One playoff year isn’t worth a rookie year injury.
15. Dallas Cowboys (17): They just need to go about their business one game at a time. The death doesn’t help but its a rallying point.
16. St. Louis Rams (18): If it wasn’t for the Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians combination, Jeff Fisher would be Coach of the Year.
17. Minnesota Vikings (19): Nice win as they keep their slim playoff hopes alive. Adrian Peterson for MVP?
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (15): They’re slowly fading out and a loss like that makes it worse. They have a hell of a future ahead of them.
19. New Orleans Saints (10): Back to the drawing board for 2013. Should be an interesting off-season.
20. New York Jets (21): Possibly the most boring team in the NFL, they are one game out of the playoffs. God help us all.
21. Cleveland Browns (24): Cleveland is alive with the sound of playoff hope! Can it happen? Well yes. Will it happen? Ah…no.
22. Carolina Panthers (27): CAM! WOAH CAM! The hype will be back for 2013 but can he bring it?
23. San Diego Chargers (28): They are still alive as well but you get the feeling Charger fans want the Norv/Smith era to just end already.
24. Miami Dolphins (20): I felt they could have beat San Fran but hey, they are young.
25. Detroit Lions (22): That Matthew Stafford blooper handed Green Bay a chance to get back in the game. I think they have found every possible way to lose. Oh wait, there are three games left.
26. Buffalo Bills (23): Heartbreaking win at home and what a shame that they play in Toronto next week. Buffalo fans should not lose home games.
27. Philadelphia Eagles (29): Nice win for Nick Foles and the boys but deep down, Jeffrey Lurie sees it as an excuse to keep Andy Reid.
28. Arizona Cardinals (25): The way Ken Whisenhunt has handled the quarterback situation is disastrous. Is he in trouble?
29. Tennessee Titans (26): They are bad and Jake Locker isn’t helping. Where do they go next year?
30. Kansas City Chiefs (30): If I’m a Chiefs fan, I cannot wait until this season and this regime is over.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (31): They had a chance to win at the end, but at the end of the day Chad Henne was playing quarterback.
32. Oakland Raiders (32): Can it get any worse?
Follow Vin on Twitter @VinDanton