Week 14 NFL Power Rankings
1. Houston Texans (1): …and the beat goes on. Could come to a halt this week at New England and they don’t lose in December. True test for the defense.
2. Atlanta Falcons (2): For those doubting them, they intercepted Drew Brees and Peyton Manning nine times this year. I feel like people have no fear or respect for them.
3. New England Patriots (5): Big game for them this week as they still have a chance for that first seed. Does anybody really believe that they won’t get it?
4. Denver Broncos (7): I was called a fool when I said they may lose only three or four games this year and win the division easily. Haha.
5. Baltimore Ravens (3): I’m convinced Joe Flacco can’t win a game carrying the team. It can be an early playoff exit if he continues to struggle.
6. San Francisco 49ers (4): Now what? I’d say stick with Kaepernick, but this isn’t a team rebuilding.
7. Indianapolis Colts (8): Eight wins after two last year. What a year it’s been for the Colts and Andrew Luck. Kid plays like a veteran.
8. Green Bay Packers (10): I know Peyton Manning has been great, but if the Packers win more than ten games, Aaron Rodgers is the MVP. No matter who is injured on that team, it doesn’t matter because he is their quarterback.
9. Chicago Bears (6): Bears fans have to be frustrated with what is going on. What happened to that opportunistic defense?
10. Pittsburgh Steelers (11): Charlie Batch is all I have to really say. He even had a nice little block on the Jonathan Dwyer touchdown. If that is his last game, hell of a way to go out.
11. Cincinnati Bengals (12): Unbelievable; they are alive and well. Andy Dalton has stepped up in a big way and the defense ain’t to shabby either.
12. New York Giants (9): They shot themselves in the foot against the Redskins. They always seem to find ways to beat themselves. Get the passing game going if you want the division title.
13. Seattle Seahawks (13): Russell Wilson was very good on the road against that Bears defense. Hopefully he can do it on the road more often. They believe in themselves.
14. Washington Redskins (15): It wasn’t pretty but they won a big game at home for once. They are more likely to win the East right now in my eyes.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (14): We all knew they weren’t going to win that game but they fought hard as usual. They have to win out if they want a chance at the playoffs.
16. New Orleans Saints (16): Drew Brees threw five picks and they still almost won. Brees will get back on track this week against the Giants. He’s 4-0 all time against Big Blue.
17. Dallas Cowboys (19): Big deal they beat the Eagles but they won a must win. They’re alive and kicking once again.
18. St. Louis Rams (21): They’re alive! Greg Zuerlein is a beast and I also wish that the Rams would go back to those jerseys.
19. Minnesota Vikings (17): Christian Ponder needs to finish out the year strong if he doesn’t want the organization to question him. People who want to bench him are crazy.
20. Miami Dolphins (18): I expected them to be atrocious this year and they’ve been far from it. A few more pieces to the puzzle and they may have something.
21. New York Jets (24): That was the worst game in the history of football. I love great defense but that was just putrid offense. Greg McElroy is not the answer so get that delusional thought out of your head Jets fans.
22. Detroit Lions (20): It got bad as quickly as it got good. Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford is all they have at this point.
23. Buffalo Bills (24): Chan Gailey still has to go. Who knows what the future of this franchise holds.
24. Cleveland Browns (26): Wait a second, is Pat Shurmur saving his job?! You never know. The Brownies are playing hard for their coach.
25. Arizona Cardinals (22): Like I said about the Jets, that game made me want to puke. What’s the reasoning behind starting Ryan Lindley?
26. Tennessee Titans (23): A once consistent franchise looks like it’s headed into an abyss.
27. Carolina Panthers (27): Under strange circumstances for their opponent, it’s tough to criticize; but don’t lose to the Chiefs.
28. San Diego Chargers (28): What a disaster. Like the Eagles with Andy Reid, what are they waiting for with Norv Turner.
29. Philadelphia Eagles (29): Saw a couple of good things from Nick Foles and Bryce Brown Sunday Night, but in the end it’s tough to win with all rookies. I love how Andy Reid is firing people left and right before he gets fired. Or will he get fired?
30. Kansas City Chiefs (32): I have no idea how they did that Sunday, especially Romeo Crennel. Prayers to all involved in this horrible tragedy.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (30): So much for Chad Henne. Is there a chance Mike Mularkey gets fired? Anything can happen with this owner.
32. Oakland Raiders (31): To think we have to watch them play Peyton on Thursday Night. Ugh.