Hot Stove: Yanks talking three team blockbuster, Mets to trade Maine?
Added by Gregg Snyder on December 8, 2009.
Ohhh, things are certainly heating up in the Stove!
- The Yankees are part of a big three team blockbuster that is being discussed. In this deal, the Yankees would receive center fielder Curtis Granderson from the Tigers and two prospects from the Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks would get starting pitcher Edwin Jackson from the Tigers and Ian Kennedy from the Yankees. The Tigers would get Max Scherzer from the Diamondbacks and Austin Jackson, Phil Coke, and Michael Dunn from the Yankees.
Yanks fans, would you do it?
- Yanks still have not given Damon an offer.
- The Mets are stepping up their pursuit of catcher Bengie Molina. They apparently have Rod Barajas as their alternative.
- The Mets and Brewers are discussing a swap of John Maine and Corey Hart.
Mets fans, do you like this move?
- Mets also talking to Rangers about Kevin Millwood, but it appears the Orioles may be close to getting him.
- Mets are hesitant to go more then four years for Lackey.
- Mets and Yankees still both in on Nick Johnson.
- Mets and Yankees both inquired about pitcher Kelvim Escobar.
- Yankees are expected to meet with the agent of Mark De Rosa this week.
- Brian Cashman discussed Jason Marquis. But that could just be because he hitched a ride to Indy with Marquis’s agents.
Update: 10:30am Tuesday, Dec. 8th
The three way blockbuster involving the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Tigers appears unlikely. The Yankees have said no due to the fact they would have to give up 4 prospects: Austin Jackson, Ian Kennedy, Phil Coke, and Michael Dunn.